There are people who can support you if something has happened recently or in the past.

Just because something might have happened a long time ago that doesn't mean that you can't get help to deal with how you're feeling now and what you've been through.

If someone has hurt you the police may also still be able to take action against the person responsible, if that's what you want to do.

Who can help

If what happened to you is sexual you can contact the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) who can support you if you don’t want to speak to the police. The SARC helps male and female victims of any age.